Creating Great Practice Groups
May 15, 2017 - ONLINE SERIES
An Altman Weil Online Training Series: May 15, 2017 - June 30, 2017
Part 1 – Being a Highly-Effective Practice Group Leader (90 minutes)
Part 2 – Fast-Tracking Practice Group Planning and Execution (90 minutes)
Part 3 – Putting Clients at the Center of Your Strategy (90 minutes)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Altman Weil’s Creating Great Practice Groups is the definitive training program for law firm practice group leaders. The program is available online for seven weeks, May 15, 2017 - June 30, 2017. Register for one office location, or choose a firm-wide multi-office site license.
The three-part course is delivered in convenient 90-minute sessions that can be accessed on your firm's timetable. Bring your lawyers together for group learning, or take advantage of 24/7 access to accommodate individual schedules.
Registrants will receive worksheets, checklists, templates and analytical tools to supplement training sessions.
Part I. Being a Highly-Effective Practice Group Leader
This session will discuss how to operate consistently at a strategic level, lead effectively and build a high-performance group.
- Clarifying objectives and priorities: Getting the right things done
- Key competencies for group leadership
- Investing your ‘people’ time for the greatest return
- Motivating independent and skeptical lawyers
- Creating a culture of accountability
- Keeping a strategic focus: Leadership vs. management
- Looking forward on your group’s behalf
Part II. Fast-Tracking Practice Group Planning and Execution
This session will set forth best practices for an effective, results-driven planning process and the key elements of a clear, achievable group plan.
- Planning in a dynamic market: A 90-day scenario
- Nuts and bolts of a realistic and effective planning process
- Avoiding seven planning pitfalls
- Candidly assessing your competitive capabilities
- Incorporating activities clients care about
- Planning for partner and client succession
- Getting specific about tactics and implementation
Part III. Putting Clients at the Center of Your Strategy
This session will outline a strategic approach to acquisition, retention and growth of client work - at a profit - through the pursuit of ‘client lock-in.'
- Locking in clients by aligning with their goals
- Building collaborative, knowledge-based relationships
- Market segmentation: Not all clients are equal
- Talking with clients about pricing and value
- Protecting profitability in a client-centric system
- Taking a leadership role with your clients
- Locking out competitors: Your differentiation strategy
Register for one office location, or choose a firm-wide multi-office site license.
A basic subscription gives you access to the full course of three 90-minute sessions at one location from May 15, 2017 through June 30, 2017. Simply log in to view the sessions online any time, 24 hours a day during the subscription period.
A multi-office site license subscription gives you access to the full course of three 90-minute sessions at all of your firm’s offices from May 15, 2017 through June 30, 2017. Simply log in and view the sessions online any time, 24 hours a day during the subscription period.
One office, May 15, 2017 - June 30, 2017: $1,995
All offices, May 15, 2017 - June 30, 2017: $2,995
Your registration includes:
- 24/7 online access to the full course of three 90-minute sessions during the subscription period
- Unlimited views during the subscription period
- Single-site or all-firm viewing rights
- Supplementary program materials, with permission to distribute to all program participants
Who should attend:
- Practice Group Leaders
- Practice Group professionals and staff
- Senior Administrators
- Anyone who directs or supports your firm’s practice groups
You may cancel your registration and receive a full refund up to two business days before online access opens on May 15, 2017.
Thomas S. Clay, Principal, Altman Weil, Inc.
Tom Clay is a principal of Altman Weil and a thought-leader on the critical issue of law firm practice group strategy and leadership. With 30 years experience consulting to the legal profession, he is an acknowledged expert on law firm management principles and is a trusted advisor to law firms throughout the United States and Canada.
QUESTIONS? Call us for more information at (610) 886-2008, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.